Thursday, April 21, 2011

No Condom, No Cookie

My boyfriend and I recently decided we would take a step back in our relationship and not be exclusive to each other for a little while. I’m okay with that but I’m not okay that he doesn’t want to use a condom during sex. If we’re not exclusive, I’m taking it to mean he wants to have sex with other girls and I just don’t think it’s safe for me to chance that he won’t pick up something and bring it back How do I convince him to use one?


“I’m taking it to mean he wants to have sex with other girls.” – DUH. What gave it away? Was it when he didn’t actually suggest you guys break up, but that you continue to toot it and boot it until he gets a better offer? Who’s making the poor choice again? And, honey, if you’re not exclusive he’s no longer your boyfriend - he’s just a boy friend. One who, apparently, doesn’t have a lot of respect for you because he’s saying that, while you’re not girlfriend material anymore, he still wants to use your girlfriend parts. That’s a lot like renting a car or borrowing a book. You use it until you’re done with it.

But, it’s your choice.

So, to answer your question, tell him he either wraps his weapon or he can find another ‘girl friend with benefits.’ Is the sex so awesome you’re willing to risk your life for it? This isn’t just about what feels better, it’s a health issue and you shouldn’t play nasty roulette with your naughty bits. Imagine how much different dating will be for you later on because of a poor choice you make now - STDs aren’t a myth.
Think about having to think twice about every relationship after this one because you’ve been infected and can’t bring yourself to say anything for fear of not only being rejected, but also of being judged.

I’m a big advocate of monogamy and safe sex. I’m an even bigger advocate of respecting yourself because if you don’t, no one else will. If you’re sticking around hoping to win back exclusivity with this guy, it’s probably never gonna happen – “why buy the milk when you can get the cow for free?” But if you’re truly cool about this new open relationship status, protect those naughty bits. If he won’t agree to use protection, I’m sure there are plenty of other guys willing to suit up for your pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment