Sunday, February 20, 2011

Women: Masters of Confusion

Q: My relationship with my girlfriend has been a little rocky since she caught me making out with another girl on a drunk night out. She said she can't trust me and wants to know where I am all the time and who I'm calling or texting. The other day she said we were done and walked out after arguing over a girl who hugged me cause she found out I used to date her.Then, she sends me a text ten minutes after leaving telling me she misses me and doesn't want to break up but she had to do it. I don't get it. If she didn't want to break up, why did she break up then send a text telling me she didn't want to break up? I'm confused.


A: Of course you're confused. You didn't read between the lines, my friend. When a girl says, "We're done" and heads for the door, that's your cue to stop her from leaving. Why? Because she wants to know that you don't want to break up with her, that she means more to you than that other girl and that she can manipulate you into begging her to stay. All your chick wanted was for you to act like you cared whether she stayed or left. It's a stupid game, but if you had played it right, you could have had awesome make-up sex.


Some other words and phrases to watch out for:


"Are you really going out with the guys?" = "You're not really going out with the guys when you can spend time with me? Unless I'm invited."

"Do you have any plans this weekend?" = "I expect that we are hanging out this weekend."

"I'm fine." = "I'm pissed at you and you know why but in case you don't, I'm not going to tell you, I'm just going to stew until I burst unless you figure it out and apologize to me without me having to spell it outfor you, we've been together long enough that you should know how to read my mind by now."

"I'm going to have coffee with a friend." = "I'm having coffee with a guy friend or an ex-boyfriend but I'm not going to be specific because I don't want you to think it's okay for you to do the same."

I could go on, but it's a really, really long list.

No comments:

Post a Comment